FIRST TIME SOCKS
You have been knitting for a while and feel like you’ve found your footing. Do you want to put a sock on it—knit with your own hands? Then this is the class for you!
Over a few weeks, you will knit a top-down boot sock (DK-weight yarn) or an around-home sock (Worsted-weight yarn). You can also knit a tiny sock if you don’t have time for homework.
• Holli's favourite stretchy cast on
• circular knitting with double-pointed needles (DPNs), two circular needles or one long circular needle for Magic Loop (your choice)
• avoiding ladders and loose stitches
• heel construction including heel flap, heel turn and picking up stitches around the heel
• Kitchener stitch (grafting)
• getting the right fit
MATERIALS NEEDED: 3.25mm needles for a DK weight sock; 3.75mm needles for a Worsted weight sock. Choose either DPNs, two 24" circular needles for two circulars method, or one 32" or longer circular needle for the Magic Loop method: 3.25mm needles for a DK weight sock; 3.75mm needles for a Worsted weight sock. 460yd/420m of DK weight or 375yd/350m of Worsted weight yarn and tapestry needle. Materials can be purchased at Baaad Anna’s Yarn Store before class.
DATE: Tuesdays February 26, March 5, March 12 from 6:00pm-8:00pm
INSTRUCTOR: Holli Yeoh
SLIDING SCALE: Baaad Anna’s offers this class with a sliding scale fee. When you register, please pay according to your income by using these discount codes.