THIS IS AN ONLINE CLASS via ZOOM, so you will also need to have a decent internet connection and download the free ZOOM app. Instructions will be emailed before 1st class.
Available either as a kit
to purchase or a great stash busting project.
Techniques covered are the Provisional Cast On, Japanese short rows, Kitchener stitch and mattress stitch. This class has you covered for many useful finishing techniques.
Suitable for advanced beginners.
Skills needed: Knit, purl, cast on and bind off.
: Pattern for Colourwheel Cushion
by Rebecca Glazier emailed to you before the start of class.
- WildWestDye Colourwheel Cushion Kit (yarn only) ∼or∼
- DK weight yarn in 8 x 26y/23m (10g) different colours for the front
- DK weight yarn 196y/180m (80g) for the back (If not purchasing the kit)
- Approximately 185y/169m (50g) additional DK Weight for practicing and Provisional cast on.
- 4.5mm/US 7 Needles
- Similar size Crochet Hook for Provisional cast on
- Darning Needle
- Removable Stitch Markers
- Fabric and polyfil to make cushion pad
- Please note needles/hooks and other notions on the materials list are NOT included in the kit.
Materials can be purchased at Baaad Anna’s Yarn Store. (Current Canada Post shipping turnaround is min one week, please be sure to order supplies with enough time for them to arrive before the start of class; OR call (604) 255 2577 for more immediate curbside pickup which can be arranged any day between 11am-2pm)
Cost: $90 (plus tx)
Minimum 3 participants and max 8.
DATES: Wednesdays November 4, 11, 18 and 25th from 6:00-7:30pm PST
INSTRUCTOR: Rebecca Glazier
Rebecca has been knitting since she was 7 years old and has always had a love for textiles and colour. Teaching people how to knit expresses one of her greatest joys; sharing her creativity and passion with people. Originally from the UK, she has called Vancouver her home for the last 5 years.