What is Punching Applique?
Punching applique is an applique technique that does not require and thread or glue. Place the applique over the base fabric and pierce lightly with the Needle Felting Tool. The fibers will become interlaced, attaching the motif to the fabric beautifully.
- The brush-like mat enables smooth punching with little resistance, and allows the fibers of the applique to mesh well with the base fabric. (Insert the needles vertically to avoid breaking them.)
- The bristle length provides the ideal hardness and density for punching. (The needles should not touch the base.)
Available in two sizes
- Small 3.5" x 2.5" (Art. No 8910)
- Large 3.5" x 5.5" (Art. No 8911)
- Stay in the center of the mat as much as possible. Avoid inserting the Needle Felting Tool beyond the edges of the mat. Breakage or injury could result.
- Use Needle Felting Claw & Mat Cleaner (Art. No 8919) to remove stray lint and threads from the brush portion of the mat to keep your work area clean. (Do not use the Needle Felting Tool needle(s) to remove stray lint and threads. The needles can break and cause injury)
- Do not use the Needle Felting Mat for any application other than fancywork requiring a punching mat.
Images © 2022 Clover Needlecraft, Inc.